COVID 19 Level 1 - Give us a call on 0800 574 288 or book online.
We Offer Unique Wine Tours in New Zealand Customised to Your Style or Budget
When you want to experience the best wine tours in New Zealand, look no further than Marlborough Wine Tours. We focus on customising your visit to match your style and budget.
The critical component to wine tasting in NZ is the amount of fun you’ll have exploring cellar doors and discovering new wines. Follow these simple recommendations to get the most out of wine tasting in New Zealand:
- Savour the time you spend at a cellar door. Start early before the afternoon rush. You may want to split a tasting with a companion to lessen palette fatigue. Relish the individual wines that you share.
- Ask questions. Your guide holds a plethora of information about the land, climate, and local wines. The suggestions your guide offers may lead you to a particular wine that may become your favourite. Be sure to bring along a box to hold the bottles you purchase. There are few adventures as appropriate as New Zealand wine tours to take home souvenirs that you’ll enjoy in the months ahead.
Marlborough is the premier wine region of New Zealand. Whatever your budget Marlborough Wine Tours has the perfect tour for you. Small Group, Private Wine Tours or customised Luxury Wine Tours and Picton Shore Excursions
We are, ‘The Original, One and Only, Marlborough Wine Tours’
Marlborough Wine Tours have been providing tours in Marlborough since the late 90’s so come and join us on one of our world famous Marlborough wine tours. Don’t believe us, just check out our Trip Advisor or Google Reviews!
Join the Experts
We are experts in ensuring you experience the delights the Marlborough wine region can offer. You can join one of our daily small group wine tours or a private wine tour for your group or let us customise a luxury private wine tour for you. Whatever your style or budget we will provide you with an informative and entertaining tour, but more importantly, give you the chance to relax and enjoy some great wines from the Marlborough region.
About the Team at Marlborough Wine Tours
What sets our team of guides apart is our commitment to making your tour the most enjoyable possible. We will customise your wine tour in NZ. Read below to understand how we are unique:
- What is your favourite type of cellar door? Is it the small family-owned winery or a glamorous estate? Is it a boutique experience or a combination of different types? We will tailor your excursion to the cellar doors that suit your style. We can keep a fast clip of 45 minutes per cellar door, or we can accommodate extended stays at a few stops. It is your choice.
- Some of our guides are locals with an excellent grasp of the history of the area. Others are transplants that hold a passion for the area. The advantage for New Zealand wine tourism is that our wine-growing region sits in some of the most spectacularly beautiful sections of the country. The views from our coach are almost as enjoyable as the tastings themselves.
- We understand that some tours will be a fun-loving experience amongst a group from a cruise ship or an excursion with your six best friends. Alternatively, if you want to delve deep into the winemaking process, we’ll guide you to a boutique winery to learn the process. You’ll gain insights into the weather and soil. Then you will blend your own Pinot Noir or Sauvignon Blanc. Our commitment is that you’ll have the experience of a lifetime.
Marlborough Wine Tours have a range of small group wine tours of 4 to 5 , or 6 hours. A Marlborough Sounds Cruise and Wine Tour or a bespoke private luxury wine tour departing from Blenheim, Picton or Havelock. Arriving by Cruise ship then we also have Shore Excursions available for you.
Marlborough is the perfect place to experience the best when travelling to New Zealand – and Marlborough Wine Tours can help you enjoy all the best. From wineries and cafes to restaurants and coffee shops, from hiking and kayaking to museums and swimming with dolphins let us help you enjoy the best on offer.
Our wine tour experience begins here...
For the avid wine enthusiast who craves a deeper understanding of the Marlborough wine region. A chance to relax, enjoy and savour what this award winning wine region has to offer.
Medium Marlborough Wine Tour: Taste The Valley – 4 Hours
All Day Marlborough Wine Tour: Beyond The Vines – 6 Hours
An exclusive private tour where your tour guide will pick you up from your accommodation and ensure that you have a tailored tour through Marlborough Wine Country. Visiting up to six cellar doors and stopping for lunch at your expense, we ensure that you try the best wines, and extend your knowledge or wine and the region.
Luxury Wine Tours: For couples, friends or family
For those of you who wish to sample some of Marlborough’s best wines, but are on a cruise ship so need specific times to ensure they return to their ship on time. These tours are designed for Cruise Ship passengers who have time restrictions, we will make sure you get back to your ship on time.
Due to the Covid 19 situation New Zealand has an indefinate ban on cruise ships entering our ports. It is unknown when this ban will be lifted. We are not taking pre paid bookings for the upcoming 20/21 cruise season at this stage but are happy to take enquiries and tentative bookings for your groups.
Cruise Ship Shore Excursion Half and Full day Tours
Exceptional Extras Marlborough Wine Tour Gold – 6 Hours
Your tour guide will give you an exclusive private tour where you are picked up from your accommodation. The day will start by being taken to a boutique winery for a tasting. After enjoying and savouring this tasting your journey will continue onto a wine blending experience. Here you can become your own winemaker for a while.
The Ultimate Marlborough Day Out Experience: Morning Marlborough Sounds cruise followed by Lunch and afternoon wine tasting – 8 Hours
We invite you to have the Ultimate Marlborough Day Out. After picking you up from your accommodation, your morning is spent with a cruise on the Marlborough Sounds, then back on shore for a lunch stop at a winery and followed with a relaxing afternoon of wine tasting in the Marlborough wine region.
Why You Should Use Marlborough Wine Tours
We are a tour company that loves people and wants you to appreciate every moment you spend in our care. As a family-run business and one of the original wine tour companies in Marlborough, we strive to make our region proud. Contact us for any questions we can address.
We offer small group, private, customised, luxury, and shore excursions. Whatever your style or budget, we will meet your goals. Join us today for the best wine tasting experience in New Zealand.